21st April 2009

We left the campsite without having a shower and I paid for our one night stay – €15.60 – and got back our ACSI camping card that we’d left as security, (that’s how the ACSI system works, you leave it as security instead of your passport), then we set off to drive to our next stop near Les Andelys on the River Seine.

I took some photos on the way of some massive wind turbines. They must have been at least 200 ft high – much higher than the ones we see in England.
Massive Wind Turbines
We stopped for some shopping at a Carrefour Supermarket and then had lunch in the van. When we finished lunch and drove off, I heard a rattling sound that I hadn’t heard before. I walked back inside the van and saw that the roof window was open.  I then panicked and got out a stool to stand on so I could reach it, but because Paul was still driving, I fell off.  Paul stopped the van, came back and shouted at me. It wasn’t my fault, I was just trying to close the ruddy window!

I keep meaning to write about Paul getting into bed. Because he sleeps on the inside against the side wall of the van -it’s a bit longer than my side - it’s hard for him to climb into, so he does this kind of forward dive onto the bed, it’s so funny, ha ha. He jokes that he’s getting sheet burns on his elbows.

Les Andelys
We finally got to the village of Les Andelys, which is really lovely, and we found the campsite - De I’ile, Des Trois Rois which is really nice.  We’ve got a pitch right on the edge of the river. The showers look okay and there is a little restaurant too.

Paul started trying to set up the Satellite TV and I did some much needed washing.  We both changed into some lighter weight clothes as it’s getting warmer now.  I actually have a shirt and vest on!

De I’ile, Des Trois Rois Campsite Beside the Seine
We’re now sitting on the chairs in the sun – I’m writing this journal and Paul is playing guitar.  The washing is on the clothes horse drying. The only blight is the damn flies; I’ve had to put some insect repellent on as there are loads of them.

I did a Thai Curry stir fry for dinner and then we went up to wash the dishes in the communal sinks. That was a bit of a laugh as there weren’t any plugs in the sinks and we had to wash the dishes under running water, the water pressure was quite high and when Paul put a plate under it he got soaked – ha ha. I Played Animal Crossing and we watched TV.  Thank God we have satellite so can receive UK TV programmes.  We can catch up on the soaps and all the other rubbish.  Later on when we get further south, we won’t get any signal I expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment