23rd July 2009


We left Braemar and headed south again.  We were heading for a campsite at Glenrothes, between Perth and Edinburgh.  On the way I spotted a Tesco so we stopped to top up provisions and as we were very low on fuel we filled the tank as well.

Paul:  We made a slight detour so I could see RAF Leuchars which I had often heard about but never seen.  There wasn't actually much to see so we pressed on to the Balbirnie Caravan Club campsite .
Balbirnie Campsite Glenrothes
This is set in the woods outside Glenrothes, and although a nice site, it was dark and dingy in the rainy weather and a bit gloomy under all the trees.  I'm sure in the height of summer it would be much nicer.  We had some lunch and then Tina wrote more of her novel and I read.  Despite being tucked under the trees I managed to get an Internet signal so Tina spoke to Shanice on MSN for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment